Roast Your Own Red Peppers
If you run across a recipe that calls for roasted red peppers...don't pass it up! You can easily make your own roasted red peppers at home. Now is the time of year to do it since peppers are in season everywhere.
Here's how to make your own delicious roasted red peppers:
Roasted red peppers bring a rich, earthy flavor to casseroles, stir-fry recipes, side dishes and salads like our Dijon Chicken Potato Salad.
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Wash whole red peppers and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning once after 15 minutes.
- Once blackened to your liking, place roasted peppers in a covered bowl to cool.
- Once cool, slip off the blackened skins of each pepper.
- Cut off the green tops and gently squeeze out the seeds.
- Cover with oil and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.